Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Island time part 2

. . . Our sponsors decided not to spam this blog.  So I will pick up where we left off:

Wednesday, the 24th is Grenada: 7 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Grenada.  Island of spice.  A world away.  Believe it or not, this island was easy.  I got my one island/nerd/history tour of the whole trip on this one.  My kids need something for brownie points at school.  Learning about spice processing is a good bet.

With that in mind, we booked a van with Stan of JNJ Tours, http://jnjtours.com/Home.html
Stan is an ex-US military who now calls Grenada home.  Being the good steward, I realized if I booked his van for only 4 people, he would miss out on some profit than if he took a larger group.  He has assured me the roads are not puke-worthy.

So I hopped on our facebook meet group for the cruise and asked if anyone else wanted to join us.  Happily, another couple with 1 child and a traveling-kidless-couple will fill the bus with us.  After we visit some local sites and travel around the island, we are going to a beach for a while before he takes us back to the ship.


Thursday, the 25th is Barbados: 7 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. - - - Semi-formal night
I knew right away when I booked this cruise that Barbados was the sea turtle dream.  I also knew from the start that a catamaran trip to swim with the turtles was in the card.

Barbados has many catamaran trips for offer.  Some are huge - 50+ people.  Others are more intimate - 10-15.  We ended up booking with Silver Moon- a company that has high marks on TA and other sites.  The Cat will only take 12 and is a 5 hour cruise with 2+ stops and lunch included.  And. . . rum punch, of course. www.silvermoonbarbados.com

I cannot wait to get up close and personal with Crush!!!


Friday, the 26th is St. Kitts - 12:00-5:30 p.m.
This was another tough port.  Looking at photos, I really wanted to capture one in which at the top of a strip of the island, you can capture where the Caribbean sea meets the Atlantic ocean.



But I procrastinated.  My tentative idea was to book Javin at My Islands Tour  myislandstours.shutterfly.com .  I sent off the initial inquiry.  He replied favorably.  I debated.  Then decided to ask to book a few months ago.  He was sorry but he secured another booking in the meantime.

So, I decided to let Mickey run the show on our last stop.  And the girls wanted to zip-line again.  I'm sure it isn't as beautiful as New Zealand but we booked a zip line excursion at 12:15 p.m.  Maybe I can sneak off after our excursion and get a taxi to take me to the photo site to capture that image. . .

H and I have also booked (OK, I booked it) Palo Bruch for this morning before we leave for our zipline.

Saturday, the 27th is the day we disembark in San Juan
Our time will have come to an end and we are flying out of SJU at 12:30 p.m. to return to Minnesota.  Good-bye Magic, it's been a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment